Monday, February 28, 2011

Heirloom ~ Kozi Chairs


So much going on in our home studio!  I haven't been able to blog since...oh...Christmas time.  But things are moving along and I wanted to share an "after" photo of one of two very precious heirloom side chairs that we inherited from my husband's late Grandma Kozi.

When we were graciously offered the chairs, I could see the potential in them, as well as a link to our family history, for our newly renovated home.  I kept visualizing them in front of our fireplace, with some deep red ~ GORGEOUS ~ peacock inspired material I had seen on some parsons dining chairs (that we could never afford).  I immediately began a search for this material on-line and was determined enough to find a couple of yards!

Well, this AMAZING material, and these two BEAUTIFUL chairs have been sitting in our storage for about two years now.  In an effort to get all of our "stuff" unpacked and in place, my "Use It-or-Lose It" new year's resolution, I got to work and finally finished them!!!

I am SO in love, love LOVE with these chairs!  They make me smile whenever I walk in the room, as they turned out better than I ever imagined!  The best part is, we now have a piece of our family history, along with some really great stories to go along for our sons.  They sit in them and refer to them as our "Kozi Chairs".

No comments:

Post a Comment